It's been a while since our last update and there's some new news and information. First, we have added a screenshots section to the site. Every once in a while, I'll add screenshots of the game to that section so you can easily track our development simply by looking at the pictures.
What are we currently working on? Well, yesterday I finished up the core of the pathfinding system for the game. After fixing numerous very subtle bugs in things related to the pathfinder (interestingly, none of which were in the actual implementation of the pathfinding algorithm itself) and spending much time with Visual Studio's excellent debugger, the pathfinder is stable and working. Collision detection with walls and doorways is working as well.
Johnny(mhead) has been working on things related to the "build mode" of the game. Already, he has basic wall placement, wall texturing, and tile texturing completed (with only one outstanding "bug" in the wall texturing).
Essentially, we are still working on much of the "core" game code, rather than the really game-specific things. However, more and more of the game engine foundation is being completed and implemented, and our progress has been very good. Check back once in a while - I'll try to update our progress more often. I'll also be sure to constantly add new screenshots to the screenshot gallery.